Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Packing for the Lucky Gunner Blogger Shoot

The good folks at LuckyGunner.com have arranged quite an event this weekend, and I've been invited. A bunch of us gun bloggers will be traveling to Knoxville, TN and shooting all kinds of full auto hardware, and I will be getting a day of training from RangeMaster.

Apparently there will be very large bore stuff involved, too, since the equipment list they sent me includes a recommendation of ear plugs and ear muffs, "because tanks are loud." Indeed.

With the Memorial Day weekend coming the family decided they would like a weekend by the pool, which makes sense, since I would have to pay for gas and motel any way. It will be a nice time for all, I'm sure.

I also arranged through a co-worker to bring an AR as a companion to Sergei my SKS. Then he described to me some FTE's he gets once it heats up. Sounds like a nice diagnosing job for the experts, and this weekend I may be in the best place in the country to find one.

So, apart from getting the gun cart finished, I need to make sure all my gear is clean and packed. This will be fun, for sure. Look for frequent updates this weekend via this blog, and via Twitter.