Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Have I Got a Deal For You

By now, you've probably heard of Groupon, the website where discount coupons are available for sale. The business model here is volume - the more they sell, the better deal they can give.

This is apparently the idea behind a new gun-related website, GearHog. This site went live on July 19, and sold a couple of thousand $50 coupons for Brownell's for $25 each.

Today and yesterday they've been selling $100 gift certificates to USA Ammo for $50. You may remember I reviewed this ammo some time back and found it to be very good for my needs.

Well, I decided if I could buy this ammo at half price, it would be even better, so I bit, and bought a certificate. Then I went to the USA Ammo site and bought 500 rounds of 115 grain FMJ 9mm. When I combined that with a 50% discount on shipping (enter MOREAMMO as the code at checkout), I used the certificate, and added $4 and change.

I'll report back on my experience once the ammo shows up, but so far, so good.

I'll also report on any other good deals I hear of from GearHog.





FTC Disclaimer: clicking the link in the banner to the right will get you to GearHog and will earn me a commission on what you buy. GearHog offers this to anyone who wants to post it on their blog or web site. I was not approached by anyone from GearHog or USA Ammo about this post nor was I offered any incentives.