Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Friday, November 18, 2011

What We Are Up Against

I was reading my normal morning blog fix today, and I was reminded by Joe Huffman of some statements not so long ago.

This is what we are up against:

I think -- you know, we can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles...

Bill Clinton
March 1, 1993



And we should -- then every community in the country could then start doing major weapon sweeps and then destroying the weapons, not selling them.

Bill Clinton
October 1, 1993



Banning guns is an idea whose time has come.

U.S. Sen. Joseph Biden
November 18, 1993



Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.

U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein
November 18, 1993



We're here to tell the NRA their nightmare is true!. We're going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy! We're going to beat guns into submission!

U.S. Rep. Charles Schumer
November 30, 1993



If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, I would have done it.

Diane Feinstein
February 5, 1995


My family ask me why I get so vociferous when I talk about the Second Amendment and my right to keep and bear arms. This morning I printed these quotes out, so I can let them read it for themselves.