Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blogmeet AAR

I was privileged to spend yesterday evening in the company of a number of other bloggers, for dinner and drinks and discourse, all arranged by Mr. and Mrs. Borepatch. The catalyst for it all was Sean Sorrentino's visit from North Carolina on business. We were joined by Robert of the Second Amendment and Liberty blog, and his wife, and by TerriLiGunn of the ReloadNRetry blog.

As you can imagine from such a diverse crew, the conversation was literally all over the place. Some of the topics included:

Sean's recent vacation in Europe. Suffice to say I am glad I live in the USA; how we got into shooting, and he we got involved in blogging; military experience, some overt and some covert; the absurdity of languages that assign gender to nouns; hair and lack of it; and how to deal with anti-gunners' apoplexy over why we choose to carry a gun (thanks to Tam for supplying the consensus approach).

Interestingly absent from the discussions was any kind of caliber preference, either via rifle or handgun. I think we agreed tacitly that the best gun is the one you have.

We are starting to plan some kind of Georgia Blogger Shoot later this spring or summer. We are looking for suitable outdoor venues, and will be exploring them. In the meantime, suggestions are welcome.