Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Match Checklist

Courtesy of Everyday No Days Off

In the course of seeing how bad the video quality was from the Memorial Day Steel Match, compared to the HD video I shot earlier, I edited my Match Checklist this morning to add my HD camera. I use this checklist to remind me of what I need to do, and I typically start it a few days before the match.
I thought I would share it with you. Here’s the checklist. Feel free to copy it for your own use.
By the way, Bruce is my Glock 17.

Clean and inspect
q  Detail strip Bruce, inspect all parts, safety check
q  Install (-) connector on Bruce
q  Clean Bruce as needed
q  Lubricate
q  Inspect magazine bodies, springs, and followers
q  Inspect belt, holster, and magazine pouches
q  Inspect and clean hearing protection and eye protection

Prepare
q  Load magazines
q  Make up sports drink
q  One water bottle in freezer
q  Print directions to the range

Pack
q  Bruce
q  Liberty
q  Magazines
q  Extra ammo
q  Clean towel
q  Sweat towels
q  Eye & ear protection
q  Knee pads
q  Hat
q  Sunscreen
q  Bug spray
q  Rain gear
q  Granola
q  Lunch

Load car
q  Shooting bag
q  Armorer case
q  Camping chair
q  Extra ammo
q  Gun cart
q  Golf umbrella
q  Water and sports drink
q  Directions
q  Still camera
q  HD video