Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lucky Gunner Blogger Shoot Day 1


It's lunch time at the LuckyGunner.com Blogger Shoot, here outside of Knoxville, Tennessee. This is being held at the same time as Bullet Fest 2011, and in addition to about 60 gun bloggers and podcasters, ther are World War II re-enactors, Civil War re-enactors, and a whole bunch of other shooters, whole families who've come out to enjoy the day.

Obviously, the highlight of the day is all the free ammo I can shoot. And it's better than that - Ammo Girls. They bring a menu by, and I pick what I want, and in a few minutes, it's delivered.

So far I've shot my Glock 17, Glock 21, SKS, and Mosin Nagant, and the AR-15 i borrowed to bring. I've also shot an M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and a Mauser. In my sights are a bunch of other guns, including a full auto Glock 18.

Lunch included a really nice ceremony honoring current and past military personnel, including two who are here with the Wounded Warrior project.

Tonight I hope to upload some video and photos, if I can get a connection.

Thanks again to the great people at LuckyGunner.com for their hospitality and free ammo!