Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Live, Dead, or Undead?


Last week I talked about my upcoming gun projects. The three projects on my plate are to refinish my shotgun, build an AR-15, and pimp out my Ruger 10/22.

I did some research on the first pieces for my AR. I think I've settled on the lower above - the Zombie lower from Spike's Tactical. The brand comes well recommended, and I especially like the labeling on the safety selector - Live > Dead > Undead. I spoke to my guy at Lakeside Guns and they can order it for me. I'll stop by this weekend and get it coming.

I should be able to order the rest of the AR lower by the middle of July. In the meantime I'm going to try to find a local gun shop that carries them.

Also, after trying in vain to find a local shop that carried Duracoat, I ended up ordering some flat black and a Hogue overmolded stock for my Mossberg 500, online. It should be here in time to complete the project the second weekend in July.

Of course, I will document all my work and post it as it happens.