Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Show on Outdoor Channel Tonight - Gun Stories

Courtesy of Outdoor Channel

If you're part of Gun Culture 2.0 like me, you may not know a lot about some of the guns you've heard about. Michael Bane, producer of such shows as Shooting Gallery, Best Defense, and Cowboys, has addressed that with what some are calling the best show on the Outdoor Channel, Gun Stories.

Hosted by actor and gun enthusiast Joe Mantegna, the show premieres today. The first airing is at 2:00 PM ET, and another at 7:30 PM ET. Check your listings for all the times. If you don't get Outdoor Channel, I don't know what to tell you.

Bane said in his podcast this week that his goal is to bring guns to life for those of us who may not know all their history, and to breathe fresh life into them for those who think they already know all about them. The first episode is about the 1911, and next week they talk about Mausers.

I'm going to watch the 10:30 PM ET showing, and I'll let you know my thoughts live on Twitter.