Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shooter's Prayer


I saw today that David over at Musings Over a Pint has taken the last sentence to my post whining about my weekend, added as an afterthought, wherein I speculate that life may be just one big shooting stage problem solving exercise, and turned it into a prayer:

When I breathe my last, and open my eyes in Glory, may the first thing I hear be "Unload and show clear." Amen.

Very nice. Thank you, David. I've already printed this on nice parchment and framed it and hung it in my den, and over my workbench at home. And thanks to Mrs. Hands for her stockpiling of picture frames against the coming zombie photo-apocalypse.

On his same post, he links to a story about St. Gabriel Possenti, who some are promoting to be named the Patron Saint of Handgunners. Take a moment to read his story. I don't think things like this "just happen."