Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Justice At Long Last?

As soon as I felt your gun I should have took two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop. And I wouldn’t have lost any sleep.

Canton, Ohio Patrolman Daniel Harless


Daniel Harless, whose embarrassing and inexcusable treatment of motorist and concealed carry license holder William Bartlett during an incident in the early morning hours of June 8, 2010, has finally been fired as the result of the investigation by his department.

There's not really a whole lot I can add to this story. The whole thing was caught on the police dashboard camera, and the Ohioans for Concealed Carry (OFCC) made sure it was posted on Youtube.

The judge hearing Bartlett's case eventually through out all charges against him. Harless's hearing was then delayed several times because of the stress Harless was undergoing, caused in no small part, no doubt, by the publication of videos of other incidents he was involved in.

Here is the dash camera footage, with commentary by the OFCC. I should note that the video contains some language that Harless uses that may be shocking to some.


Video (c) 2011 Ohioans for Concealed Carry

Kudos to the OFCC for their work on this!