Due to Google's ongoing bigotry against the gun community, I have moved my blog here, and I will not be updating this site.

Please join me.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

That New Podcast Smell

This week, JP at the EyesNeverClosed blog posted the first episode of his podcast, the Empty Mags Podcast. If he keeps up with it, I think it’ll be a good one to watch.

The first installment was impressive, and not just because he told about this blog in the first five minutes.

JP's style is relaxed and conversational. He really appeals to me because his target audience is the everyday shooter, the regular guy or gal who owns a couple of guns and shoots for fun, competition, and self defense, not an operator. He maintains an even pace throughout the show, and he changes topics effectively.

The main topic of the first episode is deciding whether to build your first AR rifle, or build it. I won't give away his advice, but he convinced me. Give a listen and see if you agree.